VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Thai Massage (QCF) 3 days
This 3 day course gives therapists practitioner training in traditional Thai massage. You will also learn about its origins, traditions and terminology. You will learn client consultation skills specific to Thai massage and contraindications. Practical work focuses on massage techniques including client stretching, use of thumb pressure, palms, forearms, heels and feet enabling you to give Thai massage safely, effectively and confidently. You will understand how to use your own body posture, mobility and balance to apply pressure. The 100 point Thai massage routine you will learn provides you with a solid foundation to develop your own routines depending on client needs.
Traditional Thai massage is given on a floor mat with client fully clothed with yoga stances playing part in this therapeutic dance. The variety of skills that you will learn on this course provides a foundation that will enable you to expand and adapt your massage skills and practice holistic massage to a high standard.
Thai people are as passionate about their food as they are of their massage traditions and cuisine is an important part of Thai life and culture. This course includes a daily Thai lunch in the Zen Garden restaurant as well as evening use of the world class SenSpa spa facilities. We also offer extensive savings to students who wish to experience massage given by expert Thai therapists.
All students are required to hold a Level 3 certificate in Anatomy, Physiology and Body Massage or a Level 3 Aromatherapy certificate.
Following the course you will:
- Be able to offer professional Thai Massage treatments and charge for this service. Approx £40-£75 per 1 ½ hrs depending on the location.
- Be qualified to Level 3 which will enable you to apply for full insurance cover.
This course will teach you:
- How to give a 100 point Thai massage safely and effectively
- The Thai culture, its history and traditions
- How to prepare yourself and a client for Thai Massage
- Consultation and client care for Thai Massage
- Home care advice for your client
- Correct posture and self care
- Thorough practical assessment will continue throughout your training and a first assessment will be given on the third training day.
- You will return to complete 2 further assessments on the same day. Case studies and your portfolio are to be submitted prior to the assessment day for review.
- Dinah Pickering will be your course tutor. She is a highly qualified spa expert and teacher who has lived and worked in Thailand. She was part of the VTCT Technical Expert Group commissioned to develop unit content for the VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Thai Massage(QCF) - (The Team).
- £797 including all tuition and learning materials, daily two course Thai lunch, daily use of spa facilities on each course day. Portfolio marking, assessment and certification is an additional £85 (payable only if you wish to receive the VTCT Level 3 qualification). If you are not already registered with VTCT a lifetime registration fee of £16 is payable on enrolment.
- Attend the 3 day Thai Massage practical training
- Complete 10 case studies (5 clients x 2 treatments each) and a portfolio index as per your training course.
- Attend an Assessment Day (if you wish to gain the full qualification).
- If you do not wish to have the full qualification, you can opt to do the 3 day training as CPD to further your skills. This means that you would not attend the assessment day. However we advise that you do the full qualification.
SenSpa at Careys Manor,